Achieving the perfect skin complexion is easier said than done when it can take a lot of abuse from other elements such as sun and smoking. Skin neglect can cause dryness, dullness, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and slackening skin. So if you think your skin is in need of some improvement then keep reading and follow the conversation using the hashtag #MySkinAndMe.
Dehydrated skin can be pain when it is not treated in the correct manner. It can cause tight, flaky patches of skin that can be quite uncomfortable. The reason behind dry skin is the lack of oil that keeps it moisturized. So here are a few tips to prevent this from happening.
- Wash your face every night with warm water. It is important the temperature of the water is lukewarm because if it is too hot then it can remove necessary oils from your skin and cause dryness.
- Use a gentle cleanser that can be found from places such as the Sarah chapman skin care range.
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your skin- the recommended glasses of water to drink a day would be between 6 and 8.
- Eat lots of water based foods such as berries, water melons, cucumbers and tomatoes to achieve a healthy glow.
- Apply honey to your skin to remove any dry areas. The perfect way to achieve this is by leaving the honey on your face for 5 minutes and rinsing it off with warm water. This natural remedy is great for holding and maintaining moisture.
Have you ever felt like your skin isn’t looking bright and radiant instead grey and flat? Then this could mean you are experiencing dull skin. It is important that you take the necessary steps to help recover a radiant glow.
- Use an exfoliator as it is an important part to a good skin routine. The reason being is that it makes your skin smoother because the old skin cells are removed from the top. It helps stop signs of aging because when the dead skin cells are removed it reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Also, its scrubs away flaky skin to enable your skin to look and feel fresh and bright.
- Stress is a part of life everyone has to face but it is important that we learn to manage it. The reason being is that is can affect the appearance of your skin because it causes your body to make more hormones which makes your skin produce more oil. Oily skin is more prone to achne and other skin related problems. So it always important to think of ways to reduce pressure if you’re feeling particularly tense.
- Sleep deprivation can affect the moisture levels in your skin which can make your completion look less growly and youthful. Therefore it is always important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to keep a healthy glow.
Wrinkles happen when the skin gets thinner, less elastic and drier. It is a part of growing older but how can we manage it from happening earlier in life? Here are a few tips on how to do so.
- Avoid excessive amounts of sunlight and always use sun screen when you’re out and about. This is because too much sun light on the skin can allow UV rays to damage and kill skin cells.
- Smoking contains carbon monoxide and this can block the blood supply that keeps skin tissue from looking healthy. It is important to give up this habit because it not only poorly affects your skin but your health also.
Slackening skin is when the skins structure breaks down and starts to sag and hang. So here are a few tips to prevent skin from stretching and handing out of place.
- Sticking to a balanced diet so you don’t have an excessive amount of weight gain which will cause the skin to stretch.
- Have enough vitamin C as this produces collagen and elastin which gives your skin strength to stretch and bounce back.
- Exercise regularly to keep muscles tight so it can help skin be more firm and taught.