1. Fast. Click, click, click and you are done. You can look at pictures of the hotel and rooms, read reviews, and safely book your hotel room.
2. Secure. As mentioned above, booking online is safe and secure. Just look for the little lock in your bottom toolbar and check that the site is “https”. This will guarantee your safety.
3. Compare. It is very easy to comparison shop for your hotel online. Either by taking notes or opening multiple browser windows. Find the best price for your vacation lodging.
4. Instantaneous. Well, almost. You usually receive an email confirmation within the hour that you can print out and present at check in. Don’t forget to bring this with you.
5. Language. This is all done in your language. So, you don’t have to call a foreign country and hope that they understand you.
6. Cheap. Using one of the many hotel consolidators, you can book your hotel for less than booking directly with the hotel. This is the same concept as booking your flight through a travel agent instead of directly with the airline.
7. Variety. Hotel consolidators will provide you with hotels in every shape, size, and price range. They will also provide the location to make it easier for you to decide. This makes it easier for you to compare and get the best value for your money.
8. Specials. Unpublished specials are provided to the hotel consolidators that are not available directly through the hotel’s web site.
9. Local access. If you want to contact the hotel consolidator via a telephone, most have toll-free numbers and personnel that speak your language.
10. Convenience. You can do this at home sitting in your boxer shorts. You can also read current reviews and see what others have to say about you future home away from home.